Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Frontend Developer (f/m/d)
If you want to play a key role in a major project where you have a direct impact on the game experience of millions of players and boost the most successful German mobile gaming company and have an interest in making games, then this is the right job for you
Operating in-game features, such as seasonal events, offers, and cloud saves, for our games in real-time requires a reliable landscape of services that scale for millions of players and are easily configurable for our game production staff. We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our LiveOps Platform team to extend and evolve our central user interface which brings all the features of our platform together.
- Do requirements engineering from the end users' perspective
- Design and implement intuitive user interfaces to operate changes in our games on-the-fly that will be used by all our game production teams.
- Write clean code which is well-suited to the purpose of the system.
- Being open for extending your skill set into a Fullstack Engineer role
- At least 3 years of professional experience with software development on the front-end
- Good understanding of UI / UX design principles.
- Deep familiarity with React.js for building user interfaces.
- Good understanding of Node.js (Typescript)
- Experienced in the usage of RESTful APIs
- Good communication skills in English in oral and written form
- Experienced in the design of RESTful APIs
- Familiar with PostgresDB or a similar relational database system
- Understanding of how to deploy and operate software.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Azure or a comparable cloud provider.
- Experience with GitlabCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Used to agile methodologies like Scrum
- Knowledge with: ExpressJS, MongoDB, JIRA and Confluence, Formik, Yup/Joi, TailwindCSS, Vite, Jest/Cypress
How We Hire For Technical Roles
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Modern Office Space
Our new, centrally located office in Berlin-Mitte has everything you need to excel. We also have plenty of opportunities for fun, with table tennis and kicker tables, meeting spaces, and a sleek modern design
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now