Senior Unity Games Developer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Senior Unity Games Developer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Unity Developer to join us and work with one of our games, which are played by millions of players.
At Kolibri Games, we have a unique approach to development: we work in weekly sprints and release features/updates on a weekly basis. You would therefore actively contribute to the ongoing development of new features, directly impacting a hugely popular game.
We're looking for a passionate Unity developer who will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on Free to Play Mobile titles.
- Implement UI, game logic and new features in a fast and agile environment
- Optimize game elements by incorporating player feedback
- Write tests and robust code to be used by millions of users
- Show ownership and be accountable for the development of new features
- Assist game designers by contributing with new ideas
- Contribute your expertise and skills in a cross-discipline team environment
- Experience with Unity3D or other relevant game engines
- (Ideally 2+ years of professional) Software development experience in C# or other general purpose programming languages
- Experience in non-gaming contexts is also relevant. We value your experiences and expertise, therefore do not hesitate to apply
- Familiarity with reactive programming and dependency injection frameworks, e.g. UniRx or Zenject
- Ability to profile and optimize performance on Android and iOS
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Awareness of and ability to leverage industry best practices and solutions and apply the right solution for a given problem
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
- An understanding of different game technology areas (e.g. gameplay, graphics, tools etc.)
- A passion for games
What We Offer
We're game to support you (and we love to have a good time, too!)
Food and Drinks
Fresh fruit to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert
Flexible Working Hours & Home Office
We have one team day a week at the office, the other 4 days you choose where you work from
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you
Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
Get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Parties and Team Events
Apart from our regular parties, BBQ's and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now