DevOps/DataOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
DevOps/ DataOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Data technology in gaming is at the forefront of innovation - we handle hundreds of millions of data events per day - and you’re here to keep us at that level. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our Data Platform is always on the bleeding edge and follows the software engineering best practices.
You will work directly with all the Data Platform users to ensure that our data is always available, trustworthy, and useful. You will evangelize performance, efficiency, robustness, and reliability - ensuring that data-driven decisions contribute significantly towards making Kolibri Games the most player-centric game studio in the world.
- Deliver and maintain cloud infrastructure solutions for the data platform;
- Implement best practices in continuous integration and continuous deployment;
- Develop testing and data validation capabilities across the platform;
- Define monitoring and alerting for data quality issues and infrastructure health;
- Architect and support the creation of robust streaming and batch data integration pipelines to store data from all of our games into our data warehouse;
- Setup data-based workflow automation to improve processes efficiency;
- Ensure reliability, accuracy and security of company wide business-critical data;
- Support, improve and evolve our data technology infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud);
- Familiar with infrastructure as code and software containerization concepts;
- Solid understanding of big data (batch and streaming), data warehouses and BI tools like Apache Spark, Snowflake, Azure Data Lake Storage and Airflow (or similar);
- Proficiency with writing SQL and Python code (or similar programming languages);
- Comfortable with using the command line and Git;
- Experience with GitLab based continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (or similar);
- Be a strong team player who excels when working closely with others, both receiving and providing help;
- Communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics;
- Proactive, self-directed and organised.
- Understanding about data visualisation tools like Looker (or similar);
- Background in working with data warehouse workflow tools, specifically dbt.
What We Offer
We're game to support you (and we love to have a good time, too!)
Food and Drinks
Fresh fruit to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert
Flexible Working Hours & Home Office
We have one team day a week at the office, the other 4 days you choose where you work from
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you
Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
Get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Parties and Team Events
Apart from our regular parties, BBQ's and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now