(Senior) Game Designer - New Games (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
(Senior) Game Designer - New Games (f/m/d)
We are looking for a (Senior) Game Designer to work on our next potential big hit! You will be embedded within one of our “New games” teams working on building the next generation of idle games. You will be entrusted with balancing, economy management, new features and content design. You will be working in an agile and fast-paced environment identifying future features for the game by developing a deep comprehension of our players’ needs and motivations using both data, information from the players, and your own F2P knowledge. Depending on the state of the project you will be working on, we aim to release weekly updates so you will make sure that our players have a challenging but rewarding game experience that is perfectly balanced.
- Design and prototype new features in collaboration with stakeholders
- Research, deconstruct, and assess mobile games
- Balance features and evaluate their impact on the game
- Iterate, tweak and adapt game designs based on playtesting feedback as well as other sources of qualitative and quantitative data
- Drive long-term player engagement based on players' needs and motivations
- Collaborate with the Product Lead and other stakeholders in market research to identify opportunities for new games as well as for features and mechanics
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a game designer with experience in new games
- Experience operating a live game is a plus
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in game design and UX preferably in F2P mobile games
- Experience building and deconstructing game design and game economies
- Strong comprehension of games from a player and a business perspective
- Player-centric mindset and a sense for great user experience
- Strong team player who collaborates effectively with different stakeholders
- Has successfully released one or more mobile game titles
- Knowledge of Unity3D is an advantage
- Experience with creating UI/UX mockups
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now