Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Data technology in gaming is at the forefront of innovation - we handle billions of data events per month - and you’re here to keep us at that level. By bringing your expertise to the table, you will help us identify software, infrastructure, and architecture to ensure that our Data Platform is always on the bleeding edge.
You will work directly with the Data Platform Team and Embedded Data Users to ensure that our data is always available, trustworthy, and useful. You will evangelize performance, efficiency, and reliability- ensuring that data driven decisions contribute significantly towards making Kolibri Games the most player centric game studio in the world.
- Architect and design data pipelines that can handle billions of data events per month;
- Implement different streaming and batch use cases for all of our games;
- Build automated tests and monitoring solutions to guarantee high data quality and make sure that stakeholders can work with trustworthy data;
- Create a scalable data platform to ensure the handling of greater workloads efficiently;
- Work closely with data scientist to efficiently deploy machine learning models;
- Come up with ideas and compare different technologies to improve our cutting-edge stack;
- 1-3 Years experience in a related field (gaming, advertising, analytics, technology, data, or business intelligence)
- Experience with Python (or similar programing language) and knowledge of best software engineering practices;
- Previous experience using Data Visualization Tools such as; Looker, Tableau or similar;
- Strong SQL-like analytical skills in an enterprise data environment;
- Solid understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence tools;
- Previous experience working with data warehouse workflow tools like dbt;
- Experience with airflow or similar;
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferably Azure).
- Experience extracting data from third-party APIs;
- Love to automate things;
- You assist customers with onboarding, training and usability efforts;
- A detailed analytical mindset, mixed with a high degree of problem-solving skills;
- Experience with docker;
- Experience with k8s.
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now