QA Tester (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
QA Tester (f/m/d)
We are looking for a mid QA Specialist with strong testing and organization skills to join our Idle Miner Tycoon Tech team in Berlin.
As part of the Tech team, you will help to produce incredible experiences for our players focusing on new features, tech improvements, and integration of SDKs. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, and strong problem-solving skills who loves working in an agile environment. You will be directly embedded in a cross-functional team.
- Have ownership of features and tickets and participate in the decision-making process
- Help identify core requirements and find edge cases and dependencies
- Test features, SDK integrations and systems independently
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases
- Take ownership in coordinating the end of sprint testing
- Collaborate with Product Managers to track build health during the staged rollout process
- Promote good QA practices like exploratory and agile testing, test automation and risk-based testing
- Assist the teams with test strategy, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation, bug reporting and improving the bug process
- Coordinate with other delivery teams when integrating and testing key features
- Be a strong team player and communicator who excels when working closely together with others, both receiving and providing assistance.
- Experience of working in the gaming industry
- Broad knowledge of production teams and their core workflows
- Experience with Scrum and working in Agile teams
- Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools
- Great understanding of exploratory testing and manual testing
- Awareness of test automation frameworks
- Comfortable both directing larger testing efforts and executing them yourself
- Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Gitlab and Jenkins
- Basic programming skills is a plus
- Experience of working with tech teams on other mobile games
- Deep understanding of Idle Miner Tycoon’s features and systems
- Understanding of data pipelines and systems with basic competence in SQL
- Have a very good go-getter and ownership level to own a task from zero until the end
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now