Junior QA Tester (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Junior QA Tester (f/m/d)We are looking for someone with strong problem-solving skills and curiosity who loves to dig deep and understand the inner workings of games.Join our QA team and take ownership of the quality and stability for our games’ newest features with a strong focus on the technical aspects of the game and its underlying systems.You will work in direct collaboration with our game developers, as well as with our product managers, game designers and other people in our game teams.Broaden your game development knowledge to master finding bugs, figuring out their details, analysing their root causes and contributing to their solutions.
- Test smaller features independently, and larger ones as well as SDK integrations together with the support of your team
- Work with your team to identify, prioritise and solve technical risks and issues
- Investigate the root-causes of bugs and contribute to possible solutions by working closely with developers and our community managers
- Creating test plans and tickets, owning them until their completion.
- Consulting design documents and technical documentation, creating and updating them when necessary.
- Prior experience in game or software testing or development or a degree in a related field
- A good understanding of mobile technology
- A good understanding of games and how they work
- Understanding of all team members involved in software development and publishing and their responsibilities
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Be a strong team player and communicator who excels when working closely together with others, both receiving and providing help.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Prior experience in game testing
- Programming experience
- Practical experience with the Unity Game Engine
- Basic competence in SQL
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Modern Office Space
Our new, centrally located office in Berlin-Mitte has everything you need to excel. We also have plenty of opportunities for fun, with table tennis and kicker tables, meeting spaces, and a sleek modern design
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now